Price action is among the most popular trading concepts. A trader who knows how to use price action the right way can often improve his performance and his way of looking at charts significantly. However, there are still a lot of misunderstandings and half-truths circulating that confuse traders and set them up for failure. In this article, we explore the 8 most important price action secrets and share the best price action tips.
#1 Support and resistance zones are better than levels
Support and resistance is probably the most popular price action concept, but only very few traders can actually make money with it. The reason is often very simple, although it’s not as obvious at first glance.
Most traders just use single, horizontal levels when it comes to trading support and resistance which look great in hindsight but fail during live trading. The reason is that singles lines are no effective way of looking at price movements. Creating support and resistance zones is much more effective when it comes to understanding price.
The screenshot below shows that the trader who just uses a single line either misses trading opportunities when the price does not reach his lines. Or he gets thrown out during volatility spikes; the trader who uses zones instead can filter out the noise that exists in the zones.
I hope that this concept doesn’t have to stay one of the price action secrets much longer and more traders will start using this technique.
Continue Reading →
To be a profitable trader you must overcome these ten things:
- You must beat the market benchmark you are competing against or you might was well just buy and hold that index.
- You must beat your emotions by following a trading plan.
- You must beat your ego by taking losses early when you are proven wrong.
- You must beat your greed by managing your position sizing to limit your risk exposure.
- You must beat your fears by letting a winning trade run when there is no reason to exit.
- You must beat your desire to predict the future by reacting to what price action is actually happening.
- You must beat the trader on the other side of your trade.
- You have to make enough money to beat your commission costs.
- You must not let the market beat you up with too many losses and make you quit.
- You must beat the naysayers who think active profitable trading is impossible.
The original post is authored by Steve at newtraderu.com and is available here.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+
Monster stocks are those wonderful beasts that make you look like a genius trader.
Shorts think that they are way too expensive and will crash, so they go short and have to cover en-mass after another 10 point run; they create even more buying pressure. Traders that short monster stocks do not understand the momentum that earnings expectations and growth cause for a stock’s price. They do not understand supply and demand. A stock that is $300, $400, or $500 based on earnings per share, could still be fundamentally cheaper than a $10 junk stock that has billions of shares floating around with tiny earnings per share.
Sounds great, but where do we find these beasts?
Continue Reading →