In Jan’ 2015, almost a year back, diversified firm Max India spin-off plan were announced management indicated it is splitting listed entity into three companies with the existing firm becoming India’s first listed company with insurance as the sole business.
The Max India Group is a multi-business corporate, the listed entity has following primary business
- Life Insurance – As a 74: 26 Joint venture with Mitsui Sumitomo of Japan
- Max healthcare – Operating as equal JV with Life group of South Africa
- Health Insurance – As a 74: 26 Joint venture with BUPA of UK
- Antara – 100% owned retirement living real estate venture
- Max speciality Films – 100% owned