Sensex ends on Friday down 157 points over the previous close.
The Sensex continued to struggle around the 28,000 mark to finish lower on Friday even as benchmark indices gained on the week. The weakness in Indian equities was in line with the subdued mood in Asian markets.
The Sensex closed at 28,051.86, down 156.76 points over its previous close, and the Nifty shed 27.80 points to close at 8,638.50.
For the week, the Sensex rose 0.9 percent, and the Nifty by 1.1 percent.
About 1221 shares have advanced, 1462 shares declined, and 209 shares are unchanged.
- Nifty 50 closed at 8638.5 with 0.3% loss today. 24 stocks advanced whereas 26 stocks declined and 1 stocks unchanged
- With 6.6% increase EICHERMOT was the top gainer in Nifty. ADANIPORTS, ZEEL increased 3.3% and 2.9% respectively
- ICICIBANK with a loss of 3.6% was the biggest loser in the Nifty. BHARTIARTL , BHEL lost 2.8% and 2.4% respectively
- FIIs bought net 84.6 crores worth of index futures and bought net 1392.9 crores worth of index options
- FIIs sold net 865.8 crores worth of stock futures and bought net 7.2 crores worth of stock options
- Daily volume in ICICIBANK surged 116%, highest growth among NSE stocks
Please read our disclaimer here.