Which type of a trader are you?
As per Wikipedia, A stock trader or equity trader or share trader is a person or company involved in trading equity securities. Stock traders may be an agent, hedger, arbitrageur, speculator, stockbroker or investor. A stock investor is an individual or company who puts money to use for the purchase of equity securities, offering potential profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value (capital gains).
So what kind of a trader are you? Read this post, the original of which appears here on the website of Mastermind, Bramesh Bhandari.
- Greedy Traders: They trade too big and risk too much because their only goal is the easy money. They usually end up blowing up their account.
- New Traders: They have no idea how the markets work so their only goal should be knowledge. New Traders do well to stay students until they have done their homework. Rushing in to make money without risk management, a winning method, the right mindset, and a trading plan will result eventually in failure 100% of the time.
- Arrogant Traders: Their only goal is to prove they are right and satisfy their fragile egos. Arrogant traders will lie, delete tweets and posts, never admit when they are wrong. When they are wrong they will hide it under a cloak, when they are right they will scream it from the rooftops.
- Trend Traders: Their only goal is to ride a trend and make money. Trend traders will buy high and sell much higher, they will short and cover much lower. They look like genius’ and prophets in a trending market either way it trends but they look like they can’t even trade in choppy or whipsawing markets. In the long term, they do very well.
- Scared Traders: Their only goal is to not lose their capital. Scared traders will immediately close losing trades and also immediately take profits. They are very stressed out in trading due to not understanding the nature of trading itself or just can not handle the uncertainty or risk. They either need to do their homework to develop their faith in or if they have done the homework trading may just not be for them.
- Perma-Bull Traders: Their only goal is to go long stocks. Buy the best investment in the best stock.They have no desire to go short they always believe the next big rally is around the corner and love to buy lower and off support levels.
- Perma-Bear Traders: Their only goal is to short stocks. They always think the market is on the verge of a major crash. They “know” the economy is in shambles and the markets are prone to fall. In a bull market, they believe prices are too high and will reverse sharply. In a bear market, they believe we will go much lower.
- Prophet Traders: Their only goal is to rightly predict market movement then let everyone know they did. They always think they know the top or the bottom, they love targets and believe that charts show exactly what is going to happen next. They do not really discuss their own trading they just predict prices.
- Paper Traders: They love the market and study more than anyone but never quite make the plunge into real trading. They stay in the comfy cozy world of paper trading and make it more of a hobby. They just can’t make the transition into the real markets.
- Rich Traders: Their only goal is to consistently make money and grow their capital over the long term. They do not ask for tips, or advice, they did their homework and they trade their method. They maintain confidence in themselves and their methods regardless of whether they are winning or losing.